The MFA is pleased to present its annual Bag Tag Challenge. For only $6 you can support the MFA and the spirit of disc golf competition. The club will be using the money generated from the bag tags to help fund MFA operations. To obtain a MFA bag tag, talk to one of the MFA Zone Coordinators.
Minnesota Frisbee Association Bag Tag Challenge Rules
(You don’t have to go home but you can’t stay here)
2. You must display your Bag Tag where others can easily see it. Concealing your Bag Tag is not allowed. You must carry your Bag Tag in the presence of other Bag Tag holders. Don’t leave it at home! If you lose your Bag Tag you must report it to the bag tag committee chair or executive board (a link to where these positions can be found would be helpful). You may then buy another bag tag to continue participating in the Bag Tag challenge.
3. Any higher Bag Tag number may challenge any lower Bag Tag number. If the challenger wins the round, the tags are exchanged. Challenges must occur before the first throw of a round. Challenges are on a round-by-round basis; i.e. challenges are for one round each in a multiple round event. Group challenges are allowed but must be accepted by all players affected. Singles play only. Friendly wagering is encouraged.
4. When you play any League, Tournament, and Recreational round you automatically have a group challenge going with all Bag Tag holders on your card.
5. You may, but do not have to accept a challenge from a player that you have just beaten until either player has completed another challenge or one week has passed, whichever comes first.
6. When a challenge via telephone or e-mail has been accepted, neither player can participate in another challenge until the first has taken place. The player receiving the challenge can choose the course to be played. If the challenger cannot agree to a location and date within one week of accepting the challenge, the challenge is void and both players may look for new challenges. Only at the agreement of the player receiving a challenge may a challenger withdraw their challenge before a match starts.
7. All challenges on your card take precedence over any cross challenge from another card. For example; if you have agreed to a cross challenge with a person who is on another card and you also have an individual or group challenge on your card, you must settle your card challenges first. Cross challenges are then settled in the order they are received.
E.g. Player Y (tag 2) cross challenges player X (tag 1), then player Z (tag 3) cross challenges player X. Player Z has the best round, player X the worst. After the round, the players exchange tags. First players X and Y exchange tags 1 & 2. Then players X and Z exchange tags 2 & 3. After exchanging player X has tag 3, player Y tag 1 (even though player Z had the better round, player Z did not challenge player Y), and player Z has tag 2.
8. Cross challenges cannot be refused, but are limited to two cross challenges at one time.
9. If you witness a player breaking any of the bag tag rules please contact the MFA executive board and/or the bag tag committee chairperson (a link to where current chairperson and MFA board can be found). When a written complaint is received the board will ask the person accused and the accuser as well as any witnesses to attend a meeting to discuss the infraction. If the accused fails to appear at the agreed time and place they will be assumed guilty.
10. Any Bag Tag competitor that is found to be purposefully withholding a lower number will be asked to turn in their bag tag and will be suspended until further notice.
For example: the individual has excuses week after week “I forgot it at home”, reports the tag lost without it being so, etc.
11. Any player who will not accept challenges or fails to exchange tags will be asked to turn in their bag tag and will be suspended until further notice.
12. The MFA will be awarding the top bag tag holders in their respective division. You do not have to be a Minnesota Frisbee Association member to purchase a Bag Tag, but to be eligible for year-end prizes you must be a member and present at the MFA Fall Full Membership meeting.
E.g. if a player started a season in the advanced division and finished in the OPEN division, the player is eligible for OPEN division year-end prizes. A player will have had to play at least 5 league events or 3 PDGA events in that division.
If a player is moving to the open division, that player must accept cash to constitute a division move.
13. Challenges must be accepted and players must be on their honor for the series to work for everyone. Please report any rules infractions right away to the MFA executive board and/or bag tag committee chairperson. Players found to be participating inappropriately against the rules or the spirit of the Bag Tag competition are subject to review, having their Bag Tag revoked, forfeiture of any possible end of the year rewards, banishment from Bag Tag participation, or being restarted at the highest new number available.
4. All rules subject to change any time at the whiles and whims of the volunteer MFA Bag Tag Committee. You just have to trust us!
Thanks and have a great season!
The MFA Bag Tag Committee