I signed up at the MFA membership drive , its been almost a month and I still have not received a single thing. How long does this normally take? I brought others with me and they have not heard anything either. Is there anybody out there?

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No I did not get it...I wasnt concerned with it....All I was interested in was some kind of update as to what was going on. I am perfectly fine with waiting just like everyone else....as long as I am kept informed as to what is happening. I think that is a reasonable request. And yes Becker is a very nice course we had a blast playing it, and cant wait for the open.

Steve Feyereisen said:
Seen you out there today "alpha wolf" at becker which by the way was a Saweet event!!!!!! were you sure to get your membership pack that your waiting for??? because I know for sure there was at least 4 current board members there that could have helped you ???
Im sure Ill meet you at the open
HA HA HA........... not CONCERNED with it ???? Then why make a thread completely focused on the fact that they did not mail you your disc and sticker within a month ???? Bob and are you sure your coming to the Becker Open cause you know its ORGANIZED  and its also a TOURNEY ha ha ha you just talk in circles ........SEE YA OUT There "ALPHA WOLF" good luck on your big season!!!
Thanks for the kind posts written about the MFA by some of the contributors on this message board. It's always a little tough to get every little detail covered in a timely manner with an all-volunteer organization that involves several people, several duties, busy work/family lives... but people have mentioned there still is a lot of things going on behind the scenes that people may not be aware of. 

This the best MFA Executive Board I've been on in my 5 years in a MFA leadership position.  We have some continuity from past years and we have more talented young people stepping into leadership positions. The MFA is in good shape for years with this type of leadership. I'm excited to hear fresh new ideas from the new people on the MFA EB.

I want to thank Chris Bratsch for stepping up in the Treasurer position.  That was an area that needed improvement.  He's doing a great job with the tools he has.  I need to get him set up more once I get back to MN from AZ.  VP Jake Schramm, Sec. Jeff Luiz, and all the Zone Coordinators are doing a great job so far.

Please don't under-estimate the labor intensiveness of the MFA packages that need to be mailed out.  Jake has agreed to step up and handle that thankless job of tracking membership lists, mailing packages, etc. He also has the duties of the Statistics Chairperson which tracks MST and MDS results. That also takes a bunch of time. For a person who has a busy professional life away from disc golf, you will never hear the guy complain and he always handles all complaints/recommendations graciously.  The MFA is very lucky to have him on the MFA EB.

There are several people doing work behind the scenes trying to keep the MFA website current.  The MFA Course Improvement Grants help give back to the sport along with providing much needed publicity about our efforts to promote and educate people about disc sports. Articles get written about the MFA modest donations to communities across Minnesota and the great efforts by local disc golf leaders in those communities.

North ZC Jacob Brown has been outstanding.  Jacob did a lot of homework to come up with an excellent proposal to improve the MST system (5 events per zone).  We are expecting a lot of him and I don't believe we will be disappointed because of the energy and dedication he brings to the MFA and the sport of disc golf.

We have MFA Committee Chairpersons who also help advance the education and promotion of disc golf.  People like Tom Marcus and Timmy Gill.

In conclusion, our disc golf entrepreneurs: the LDs, TDs, course designers/protectors, etc, do the bulk of the work for our disc golf community across Minnesota.  The MFA tries to do its part to promote and protect disc sports. We're always looking to improve our communications as an organization. Thanks for your patience with us and thanks to everyone who is willing to step up to advance the sport of disc golf.

Todd Erickson
MFA President
480-600-1414 (cell)
Did you even READ the thread? My whole point was about letting people know whats going on THATS ALL!! Get a life dude, people are allowed to get upset about issues they care deeply about....they are also allowed to change their minds as well. Its your kind of "Holier than thou elitist attitude" along with a few others that tend to piss a person off, the fact that you continue to try and get my goat shows me that you really have no life what so ever.... I didnt realize I was worth so much of your time and effort....Thanks Man!! ....Oh and good luck to you and your season as well.

Steve Feyereisen said:
HA HA HA........... not CONCERNED with it ???? Then why make a thread completely focused on the fact that they did not mail you your disc and sticker within a month ???? Bob and are you sure your coming to the Becker Open cause you know its ORGANIZED  and its also a TOURNEY ha ha ha you just talk in circles ........SEE YA OUT There "ALPHA WOLF" good luck on your big season!!!

Very nice Todd, I couldn't have put it any better myself. Thank you for your message.

On friday, April 1st, once I get out of class, I will be stuffing member packs until they are finished. They should be in the mail by Saturday at the latest.

Thank you every one for all of your patience

JB

Todd Erickson said:

Thanks for the kind posts written about the MFA by some of the contributors on this message board. It's always a little tough to get every little detail covered in a timely manner with an all-volunteer organization that involves several people, several duties, busy work/family lives... but people have mentioned there still is a lot of things going on behind the scenes that people may not be aware of. 

This the best MFA Executive Board I've been on in my 5 years in a MFA leadership position.  We have some continuity from past years and we have more talented young people stepping into leadership positions. The MFA is in good shape for years with this type of leadership. I'm excited to hear fresh new ideas from the new people on the MFA EB.

I want to thank Chris Bratsch for stepping up in the Treasurer position.  That was an area that needed improvement.  He's doing a great job with the tools he has.  I need to get him set up more once I get back to MN from AZ.  VP Jake Schramm, Sec. Jeff Luiz, and all the Zone Coordinators are doing a great job so far.

Please don't under-estimate the labor intensiveness of the MFA packages that need to be mailed out.  Jake has agreed to step up and handle that thankless job of tracking membership lists, mailing packages, etc. He also has the duties of the Statistics Chairperson which tracks MST and MDS results. That also takes a bunch of time. For a person who has a busy professional life away from disc golf, you will never hear the guy complain and he always handles all complaints/recommendations graciously.  The MFA is very lucky to have him on the MFA EB.

There are several people doing work behind the scenes trying to keep the MFA website current.  The MFA Course Improvement Grants help give back to the sport along with providing much needed publicity about our efforts to promote and educate people about disc sports. Articles get written about the MFA modest donations to communities across Minnesota and the great efforts by local disc golf leaders in those communities.

North ZC Jacob Brown has been outstanding.  Jacob did a lot of homework to come up with an excellent proposal to improve the MST system (5 events per zone).  We are expecting a lot of him and I don't believe we will be disappointed because of the energy and dedication he brings to the MFA and the sport of disc golf.

We have MFA Committee Chairpersons who also help advance the education and promotion of disc golf.  People like Tom Marcus and Timmy Gill.

In conclusion, our disc golf entrepreneurs: the LDs, TDs, course designers/protectors, etc, do the bulk of the work for our disc golf community across Minnesota.  The MFA tries to do its part to promote and protect disc sports. We're always looking to improve our communications as an organization. Thanks for your patience with us and thanks to everyone who is willing to step up to advance the sport of disc golf.

Todd Erickson
MFA President
480-600-1414 (cell)
Hey this is a HUGE thank you to you board members I received my membership package today .......not only was it stuffed with goodies but it also came with this super awesome membership to a 30 year organization that does amazing things for disc as we know it THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN
I got mine as well..and I agree..... a big THANKS !!!

Steve Feyereisen said:
Hey this is a HUGE thank you to you board members I received my membership package today .......not only was it stuffed with goodies but it also came with this super awesome membership to a 30 year organization that does amazing things for disc as we know it THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN
Thanks for your patience.  Getting the first member packs out was a logistics nightmare.  From collecting the swag to making sure we had envelopes, printouts, member cards, and both mailing and return labels...whew.  Luckily we have it all straightened out so future mailings should be painless.  Big props to Char @ GGGT and Ben Peterson for helping me out.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Derek Tonn.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service