Border Bash III (IA -vs- MN) August 25, 2012 - Forest City, IA

Tags: Bash, Border, City, FCDGC, Forest

Views: 218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got a question from anther site about pre-registation for the event
and also campground registration.... it makes sense to answer them here also for
everyone to see.

First the DG pre-registration:
At the bottom of the
flyer is Shane Stewart/Proflight contact information and he does take pre-paid
registrations.

Second the campground:
The campground is first come
first serve, however in the past we have always had plenty of room and it has
not been an issue. The Disc
Golf HQ for the Border Bash has tpically been
the first couple parking spots and we also try to let the TD/vendor have a
parking space in the campspot just west of DGHQ to make things convenient for
those that run the show.

FOOD

On another disc golf site I  read a tread called What makes a good disc golf tournament One item I noticed was " food on the grounds ".

So I checked into this and found that our local scout troop would be interested in setting up their food trailer at Border Bash III. They ask me what should they serve.... so I will pass this question on to the forum, obviously I can not guarantee any choices but I will pass along any reasonable and serious answers along to them.

Once they have determined a menu I will also post it here along with the prices.  Thank you for any input.

The good news is.... if you didn't like our water hazards
last year, they will be much more forgiving this year as we are way down on
rainfall.

I walked across the Winnebago River without getting my feet
wet last month and it is only worse this now... see newspaper article and photo

http://globegazette.com/forestcitysummit/news/local/no-water-to-hol...

Blue tee 9 used to take 280-290' to clear the water... it is
significally less this year, Number 6 used to have the pond boarder the basket
on the south .... that has dried up as well to give everone a much larger
landing zone. Number 9 White and Red tees are also easier should someone drive
go long or short the front pond is as low as I ever seen it and the back is
basically dry up with just a mud puddle left in the center. Obviously the moat
arond pole one will be dry ( it was full for our Battle at the Bridge tourney in
May )

Hope to see everyone on the 25th

Dale

FOOD

Tentatively…. This is what we are planning on having for the Border Bash Disc Golf Tournament.

Lemon Shaker – 32 oz. fresh pressed Lemonade - $4.00

Pressed Strawberry Lemon Shaker – 32 oz. fresh pressed Lemonade w/Strawb Strawberries - $5.00

Lemon Blaster – 32 oz. fresh pressed Lemonade sugar free w/ a vitamin B12 additive - $5.00

Strawberry Lemon Blaster – 32 oz. fresh pressed Lemonade w/ Strawberries & a vitamin B12 additive -$6.00

Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwich - $5.00 Sandwich

Smoked Pulled Pork Chimmie – Our pulled pork, cheese, & BBQ sauce in a flour tortilla & fried - $5.00

Smoked Chicken Breast Sandwich - $5.00 Sandwich

HotWings - $5.00

Hand Dipped Corn Dogs - $4.00

Brats - $4.00

Fresh Cut French Fries - $3.00 Fries

Funnel Cakes - $4.00

We may also have some doughnuts and Orange Juice avaliable for Breakfast…

Bump - Border Bash III is this Saturday.   Last year Minnesota lost to Iowa... better send your best this year.

Suuuure, plan the border bash when all of Minnesota's finest will be at the 2 day A-Tier Northstar Throwdown all weekend.. I see your tactics! :P

Dale Jordal said:

Bump - Border Bash III is this Saturday.   Last year Minnesota lost to Iowa... better send your best this year.

" All Minnesota finest?" - I know a few will be up in St Cloud, but certainly not all of your best .... I guess you Minnesota golfers will have to chose to go if you want to go North or South.  I sure either event will be fun.

Mike Jindra said:

Suuuure, plan the border bash when all of Minnesota's finest will be at the 2 day A-Tier Northstar Throwdown all weekend.. I see your tactics! :P

Dale Jordal said:

What happened Minnesota?  You let Iowa win by default - as no Open/Pro Division disc golfers showed up!  Giving Iowa a perfect score of  "16" with no there to take away any of the top 6 spots.

Minnesota did make a statement in the ADV division: Congrats to Mike Jindra who took first place with  a -12 in the ADV division.

Some photos:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Derek Tonn.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service