2013 MINNESOTA DOUBLES SERIES

The Minnesota Doubles Series is a series of disc golf doubles tournaments. Enjoy the spirit of competition in a low stress environment with an emphasis on having fun. These events land on Sundays. We will play 2 rounds with a break for lunch in between.

The format is Bring Your Own Partner Best Shot Doubles. There will be no “Wolf” or “Cali” option for individuals. Find a doubles partner! The focus is on fun and participation.  So come out and have some fun with your friends at the Minnesota Doubles Series.  

These events are sanctioned by the Minnesota Frisbee Association but are open to everyone. In addition to the tournament payouts, MFA Members compete for year end cash payouts! MFA Memberships will be available at these events.

Individuals statistics will be tracked regardless of your doubles partner. So you can change partners at any point in the season and still be in the running for year end payouts.  Starting this year, the championship event will be worth doubles points, so a good performance could really effect the standings.  More MDS info can be found at:http://mnfrisbee.ning.com/page/mds-info-1 and the MFA events calendar can be found at:  http://mnfrisbee.ning.com/page/mstmdspdga-1

Schedule:

03/24  Becker, Becker City Park

04/07  Crystal, Bassett Creek Park

04/21  Albert Lea, Tall Grass & Oak Island at Bancroft Bay Park

04/28  St. Augusta, Hidden Lake Park

05/12  Austin, Todd Park

05/19  Norwood Young America - Baylor Regional Park

St. Bonifacius - Crown College DGC

06/02  St. Cloud - Riverside Park

06/09  Winona - The Willows and The Woods of St. Mary's

06/16  East Bethel - Blue Ribbon Pines DGC

06/30  Hastings - CP Adams Park

07/21  Bloomington - Hyland SSA

08/04  Lakeville - Kenwood Trails DGC

09/29  Championships: Shakopee - Lions Park

VIBRAM DISC GOLF, EVERYDAY DISC GOLF, and INNOVA CHAMPION DISCS are proud sponsors of these events! EVERYDAY DISC GOLF will be providing merchandise payouts to all amateur divisions. The Pros will receive cash payouts.

Entry Fees:
$25 per person Pro Open Division

$20 per person Advanced Am Division

$15 per person Intermediate Am Division

(Entry fees do not include applicable course fees)

We will be teeing off @ 10:00am for all of these events. Please register by 9:15am. Players meeting at 9:30am. Directions to the courses can be found online at the PDGA Course Directory.

MDS Results can be found at:
http://mnfrisbee.ning.com/forum/topics/mds-results 

MDS Standings can be found at:
http://mnfrisbee.ning.com/forum/topics/mdsmst-season-standings 

2012 MDS Champions:
Open Pro – Scott Ryther and Kelly Greenhoe
Advanced – Landon Berge and Tommy Locke 
Intermediate – Nick Archbold and Collin Hager

Who will be the next doubles champions?

Tom Marcus
mfa # 1704

MDS Committee Chairman 

Tags: 2013, Association, Doubles, Frisbee, Minnesota, Series

Views: 1737

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Hastings event has been rescheduled for July 21st, and the Championship event at Shakopee on September 29th, has been added to the MDS Schedule.

I recently moved to the area and am very interested in the MDS. I do not know any disc golfers in the area, are there usually singles looking for a partner at the MDS events?

No, usually there aren't singles looking for partners, bring your own partner.  I would recommend talking to players at local leagues and tournaments.  Perhaps try the Twin Cities disc golf group on Facebook.  What division are you looking to play?

Most likely I would play advanced or open. I will try the FB page. Are there any random draw doubles around the TC area?

Give me a call at (612)990-6638.  I might have someone who is also looking for a partner.

Please note that I have had to make a few adjustments to the MDS calendar including Hastings on 6/30 and Hyland on 07/21.

I'm possibly looking at this wrong but are the Doubles Champs on a Thursday?

Good eye Carl, that should read September 29th for the Championships.  I will make that edit.  Thanks

Carl Peach said:

I'm possibly looking at this wrong but are the Doubles Champs on a Thursday?
I'm assuming its throw what your bring as long as its approved? Never done any events before so I don't know anything.

Brandon,

Yeah just bring your own discs.  Most all discs are pdga approved.  We try to adhere to their standards. 

Brandyn Huggies Griffiths said:

I'm assuming its throw what your bring as long as its approved? Never done any events before so I don't know anything.
Is this event still a go, even with the storm? A call or text would be appreciated 320.224.5443 thanks!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Derek Tonn.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service